AWE’s Code of Conduct was developed as a means of guiding all members in making ethical decisions. The broad statements of the Code of Conduct that are listed below are not expected to cover all conduct for all situations, however. Thus, the AWE Code of Conduct was created as a living and fluid code.
All AWE members, donors and business partners are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the AWE Code of Conduct.
Members and Business Partners agree to:
- serve as goodwill ambassadors for Allied Women Entrepreneurs;
- not allow their personal beliefs and convictions to interfere with the representation of AWE’s mission;
- treat their member colleagues, guests, vendors and sponsors with honesty, respect, fairness, integrity, responsibility, kindness, and in good faith;
- maintain compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to AWE’s bylaws, regulations governing nonprofits and Antitrust and Competition Laws and Regulations;
- strive for excellence in their professions by maintaining and enhancing their own business knowledge and skills, and by encouraging the professional development of other members;
- never alter, distribute, or use copyrighted logos, photographs, and/or website content without permission unless approved by the Board of Directors;
- keep their User ID and Password confidential;
- not solicit their business or cause to AWE members or donors to include email, phone call, or social media posting or messaging unless approved by the Board of Directors;
- avoid conflicts of interest and, without AWE’s written approval, will not reproduce materials, treating all information furnished by AWE as confidential.